Audible stories made possible by the Prescott Hearing Center. Get your FREE hearing test today!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Community Health Center of Yavapai (CHCY) will be hosting Women’s Health Day on Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at their Prescott, Prescott Valley, and Cottonwood clinics.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, many people have adapted by staying home as much as possible, changing their daily behaviors, and in many cases, canceling their plans. However, according to healthcare professionals, one activity you should not postpone or neglect is getting your routine cancer screenings. The goal of screening is to catch cancers early, and early-stage cancers are not only easier to treat than later-stage cancer, but the chance of survival is much higher.
That is why CHCY has dedicated a full day for women to complete their annual exams at all three of their locations. Services include Clinical Breast Exams, Mammogram Referral, Pelvic Exam/Pap Test, Flu Shots, Blood Pressure Test, and Colorectal Cancer Screening.
CHCY wants to assure you that we have safety measures in place to protect our patients and our staff from exposure to the virus. These new procedures include:
- Universal mask policy: Everyone at CHCY must wear a mask – from healthcare providers to patients and visitors.
- Complete personal protective equipment (PPE): From MA’s to providers, the entire care team is using full and proper PPE.
- Rigorous sanitation and disinfection protocols: Our staff has drastically increased the regular cleaning of every space – especially high use areas.
- Accessible hand sanitizer: Multiple hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the three clinics.
- Physical distancing: Through scheduling and telehealth appointments, CHCY is minimizing the amount of staff and patients in our clinics to reduce the risk of spread.
- Temperature screenings: Required upon entrance to all three clinic sites.
If it’s time for you to come in for your annual screenings, please don’t let fear keep you from getting this
life-saving screening. Cancer won’t wait until the pandemic ends. And you shouldn’t, either.
All services require an appointment and no walk-ins are accepted. Please call Community Health Center of Yavapai at (928) 583-1000 to schedule an appointment today.
The MIND BODY SOUL section is made possible by Thumb Butte Medical Center, the Quad Cities only multi-specialty medical clinics with locations in Prescott, Prescott Valley, and Chino Valley, AZ.