Article audio is made possible by CAST11 Prescott Podcast Network. A Talking Glass Media production.
In July 2021, KORE Power made international news when the company announced Buckeye, Arizona as the site of its new one-million-square-foot lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility. The project is estimated to create 3,000 jobs.
This week, Business Facilities Magazine, a leading area economic development and site selection publication, recognized KORE Power as one of three “Deals of the Year” out of a “record-setting” number of entries from around the country.
During the announcement in July, Governor Ducey said the new facility will “position Arizona as an anchor in the global battery manufacturing supply chain.”
“By creating a new domestic battery supply, these batteries will be central to our country’s energy security, powering everything from energy grid stabilization to electric vehicles,” the Governor stated.
This week’s recognition follows a string of recent Arizona economic development awards. Last year, Arizona was awarded its third “Gold Shovel” award from Area Development Magazine, a leading site selection publication, for the state’s “success in terms of new job creation and company capital investment” in 2020. In addition, TSMC’s announced $12 billion investment to build a semiconductor fabrication facility in Phoenix was named one of six “Manufacturing Projects of the Year.”
In addition to KORE Power, Arizona celebrated record economic activity in 2021, with projects for electric vehicles, aerospace and defense, medtech, financial services, technology and more.
Companies that selected Arizona in 2021 include:
- LiveRamp, PennyMac Financial Services and APEL Extrusions in Phoenix;
- OnePointOne and PhotoCentric in Avondale; Helix Electric and United Aviate Academy in Goodyear in the West Valley;
- Gulfstream, Facebook and ElectraMeccanica in Mesa, Intel’s significant expansion in Chandler; Zero Electric Vehicles and Li-Cycle in Gilbert in the East Valley;
- Eurofins, CIS Global and BD in Tucson; Leonardo Electronics in Oro Valley in Southern Arizona;
- And UACJ Whitehall in Flagstaff, ZenniHome in Page, Shambaugh and Sons in Kingman, CP Technologies in Prescott, and Jomi Engineering in Casa Grande throughout rural Arizona.
Business Facilities’ 2021 Deals Of The Year are available to view HERE.
Catch up with more Business News Stories on Signals A Z.com.
Did you know you can now LISTEN to all your news and events updates on the Prescott Podcast Network, CAST11 ?
Follow CAST11 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cast11az facebook.com/cast11 a z
Follow CAST11 on Buzzsprout: https://cast11.buzzsprout.com/ cast11.buzzsprout.com
Leave a Reply