Signals AZ

Monsoon Outlook for July 30, 2023

Article audio is made possible by CAST11 Prescott Podcast Network. A Talking Glass Media production.

Here is your Monsoon Outlook for Sunday, July 30, 2023, provided by the US National Weather Service Flagstaff, Arizona.

Widespread shower and thunderstorm activity with the threat of flash flooding is expected across northern Arizona through Tuesday, followed by a decreasing trend in coverage on Wednesday. Cooler temperatures are likely through Wednesday before a drying and warming trend develops to end the week.

The National Weather Service reports that the Prescott Valley area should expect showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3:00 pm with an 80% chance of precipitation. Tonight the chances remain at 80% but are expected to occur mainly before 9:00 pm. High today for Prescott Valley and Prescott remains around 95 degrees with an overnight low near 66.  Flagstaff should see a high around 86 today with a 30-80% chance of Thunderstorms and dropping to 20% tonight. Sedona and Cottonwood should expect highs around 98-100 degrees with an 80% chance of afternoon storms for Sedona and Cottonwood.

The main hazards of storms are high winds, heavy rain, and lightning. Remember, never cross a flooded roadway and turn around, don’t drown.

Best Arizona Monsoon Hats

Click the pic to check out highly rated hats for the AZ Monsoon season!

Catch up with more Local News Stories on Signals A Z.com.

Stay up to date on the Prescott Valley Outdoor Summit

Stay up to date on the 2023 Prescott Valley Outdoor Summit:

Sign up to receive text & email updates on central Arizona's annual outdoor event!
Name(Required)
SMS Messages(Required)

If you like this story, consider subscribing to Signals Updates, Entertainment Events & News!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.