Article audio is made possible by CAST11 Prescott Podcast Network. A Talking Glass Media production.
The Prescott National Forest will waive fees at day-use recreation sites on Monday, February 20, 2023, in celebration of President’s Day holiday.
In addition, all Prescott National Forest offices will be closed Monday, February 20 in observance of President’s Day and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, February 21.
President’s Day honors our nation’s presidents, with emphasis on President Washington and President Lincoln; and is the second fee-free day for 2023. The Forest Service participates in fee-free days with other federal agencies to encourage Americans to visit their public lands.
As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore, and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area
- Groom Creek Nature Trail
The remaining fee waiver dates for 2023 are National Get Outdoors Day on June 10, Juneteenth on June 19, National Public Lands Day on September 23, and Veterans Day on November 11.