Event Category: Events
While this is a non-shooting course, it will satisfy Arizona DPS training requirements to obtain your permit.
The course will cover defensive pistol selection, ethics of use of force, legal information, basic firearms knowledge, and what to do before, during, and after a defensive shooting incident. Additionally, learn about legal information pertaining to use, carry, purchase, and ownership of a firearm.
While we are a constitutional carry state, and we do not need a CCW to carry concealed, the following are some benefits to having a CCW:
1) Reciprocity: 38 states recognize the Arizona CCW
2) Under federal Law (USC 922(q)(2)(A)) It is illegal to transport your firearm within 1,000 feet of school grounds unless you have a state-issued firearms permit (Arizona CCW qualifies under this)
3) Faster processing for firearms purchases by bypassing the NICS check
4) The more you have in your corner if you have to defend yourself in court, the better
5) Be able to carry into alcohol-serving establishments concealed
6) Allows for legal carry into state and national parks
We will have someone on-site to do fingerprints for an additional $20. The CCW department of AZ DPS will not accept any clearance cards, including the DPS fingerprint cards. They will require new fingerprint cards to be filled out.
Space is limited. Reserve your spot online.
$20 if prepaid online.
$40 if paid at the door.